Yvonne Smith and VineLife Ministry exists minister the uncompromised Word of God in the Spirit of grace and truth, and to help people (men, women and children) recognize their freedom in Christ by offering a hand up rather than a handout.
The Vision of VineLife Ministry is inspired by two scriptures:
- We live inspired by Christ to be an extension of Jesus’ ministry on earth according to Isaiah 61:1-3.
“The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called the trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.” (KJV)
- We live inspired by Christ to help individuals cultivate a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ that reflects His mandate and ultimate desire found in John 15:4-5.
“Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me. I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit…”
VineLife Ministry remains committed to walking out this vision and mission in the following ways:
- Reconciliation to God: We will seek to help, heal, encourage, and restore individuals in their relationship to our Heavenly Father through His Son, Jesus Christ, by the power of His Holy Spirit. (Isaiah 61:1-3, John 15:4-5, Luke 4:19)
- Healthy Lives: We will seek to help individuals become spiritually, emotionally and mentally healthy by opening our arms rather than pointing fingers, leading them to Christ through His Word. (2 Timothy 1:7, Galatians 6, Proverbs 4:22)
- Dependence on God: We will seek to aid others as they step out trusting their Heavenly Father who loves them and is able to keep them. (Proverbs 3:5-6, Psalm 52:6)
- Biblical Community: We will use a variety of practical experiences including but not limited to personal ministry to individuals through small and large group ministry focused on prayer, encouragement and the study of scripture, The Holy Bible. (The practical demonstration of Jesus and His disciples in the Four Gospels and the book of Acts, Hebrews 10:25-26)